Saturday, August 01, 2009

Warren, Ohio was a good place to be born

I just found out that Dave Grohl, the frontman of the rock band Foo Fighters, is going to be honored Saturday (today) in Warren, Ohio, where he was born, according to Trib Today and Rock & Roll Daily in Rolling Stone. These are good stories. I'll try to add relevant links as I run across them.

Well, I was very excited to learn that Grohl, a famous rock star and one of my favorite rock vocalists, was born in Warren since I was born there, too. Unbelievable, right?! No, I'm not just jumping on the 'bandwagon' and I'm not making this up. I was born in Warren, Ohio. It's what my parents told me over and over in past years. And we discussed it again this morning. We moved to Oregon when I was a child. My Mom and Dad will be going back to Ohio this month, so I've asked them to snap a few pictures of "Dave Grohl Alley" in Warren, Ohio.