Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rock songs reviewed: Ace Frehley makes a big comeback! Thai band Clash has a heavy-rock hit!

By Scott McLean

My pick for songs of the month, so far, are Ace Frehley's single "Outer Space", released in August, and "Tah Chon (Crashing)" (which was released in 2006) by the band Clash, of Thailand. Note: This band is not The Clash.

I like what Ace Frehley, the legendary (and ex) lead guitarist of the rock group KISS, is doing in his comeback. His song "Outer Space" could become a pop/rock classic, or at least it will revive his career. It has a catchy melody, is a danceable song that rocks hard in spots, too. I think it's going to be a hit! Ace is back!!!

Clash is a Thai band that I previously didn't know anything about. "Tah Chon" is a very cool song, moving back and forth between heavy-rocking parts of the song and outstanding--softer, though powerful--vocals, then back to the band rocking hard again. And that's the kind of rock song I like best.

Message to readers: I hope you will support your favorite bands and solo artists, by buying their singles and albums if you can find them available for purchase online or in your local stores.