Sunday, May 09, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots' song from '90s on my 100 Best Rock Songs List

Good hard-rock songs can be hard to find. That was especially true during parts of the '90s. I think music has gotten better, both soft and hard rock, thanks to influential bands from the past, including the grunge-rock era.

One of the best hard-rock songs of that time period was "Trippin' On a Hole In a Paper Heart" by Stone Temple Pilots. It will be on my 100 Best Songs list, which is basically songs from 1970 to 2010, but could overlap a bit to 1969 and 2010. No problem, if so, I'll explain my reason later.

The STP song is exciting to listen including the album/studio version (probably the version to be on my 100 Best Rock Songs List) and watching/listening to the videos of their live concerts.

I liked Stone Temple Pilots' live performance of "Trippin' On a Hole In a Paper Heart" on YouTube more than I can express in words. It really makes me want to see them in concert and buy one of their albums.

Because people are able to watch videos, they can get turned on to bands like STP and bands want more fans, right? It's hard to know about all the great rock music now and in the past, so it's great to have this way to learn more about the music we love.