Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Brrrrssert!


I'm not sure if it was breakfast or dessert,
but what we ate this morning was
cold, sweet, and delicious!

Are you starting any new traditions this year? I know we did today.

Since Grandmother was going to stay at her place, Mom and I decided to bring her a treat. This morning, after I woke up, I thought it would be interesting to see what restaurants and stores were open. I drove to the end of town where Grandma lives, and checked at McDonald's but it was closed for Thanksgiving.

Jack in the Box is across the street, so I bought two order of the yummy French Toast Sticks, one order was blueberry flavor.

Next, I went to a local service station with a convenience store, Food Mart, which also has a small Baskin-Robbins and Panache espresso drinks, all in one location. I like these brands and am glad they are in one building.

When I sat down to type this entry, I was still sipping on the iced Americano, and it tasted very good. (This store has a small dining area where customers can sit at tables and have a meal, snack or something to drink.)

Baskin-Robbins is now selling seasonal ice creams and flavors of the month that people like during the holidays, along with all the other flavors. I chose one scoop of Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and two scoops of Egg Nog Ice Cream, as shown in the digital photo snapped this morning at Grandma's place. The total price of the ice cream was barely over $5 and that's a great deal.

Grandmother loved the Egg Nog ice cream! Mom and I enjoyed both ice creams while nibbling on french toast sticks, which were NOT hot or warm by the time we ate them, including maple syrup that came with the order.

It was my breakfast. For Mom and Grandma, it was a snack or breakfast dessert. Is there such a thing?! LOL If there wasn't before, there is now. I know this much, we had a lot of fun, the perfect start of this Thanksgiving Day.