Monday, December 24, 2007

My Favorite Fast Foods

My list includes Fast Foods and foods that can be eaten in a hurry. It’s based on what I’ve eaten over the last five years (2003-07).

Quality, flavor and price were the main criteria in my selection process. Sodas and coffee drinks on the list are only for specific food chains and countries. Bakery items on this list are only those individually wrapped and ready for quick consumption.

There will be 50 total on my list of favorites; 25 this time and 25 next time. Yes, I do love sweet snacks and desserts!

"Yummy 25" Foods and Beverages

1. Taro Pies, McDonald's, Thailand
Ube Pies, McDonald's, Philippines (yes, it's a tie.)
2. Belochka ice creams, sold in many locations, Ukraine
3. Halo-Halo, Chowking, Philippines
4. Coke at McDonald's, Thailand (This Coca-Cola mix is much better than in the U.S.)
5. Bangus, Chowking, Philippines
6. Iced Coffee, McDonald's, Thailand
7. Blueberry French Toast Sticks, Jack in the Box, U.S.

8. Jolly Spaghetti, Jollibee, Philippines
9. Sausage McMuffin with Egg, McDonald's, U.S.
10. EZ Go meal, Thai green curry chicken and rice, 7-Eleven, Thailand
11. Golden Fish (fried fish), Chester's Grill, Thailand
12. Spaghetti, Chester's Grill, Thailand

13. Piece of chicken, rice and vegetables, KFC, Thailand
14. Iced Coffee, McDonald’s, U.S.
15. Number 2 chicken meal, KFC, Thailand

16. Iceberg ice creams, (many locations), Ukraine
17. Almond Brownie, S&P Bakery, Thailand
18. Coffee ice cream (my favorite “mix-in” is white chocolate chips), Cold Stone Creamery, US
19. Chocolate Coconut Donut, Dunkin' Donuts, Thailand
20. Strawberry Glazed Donut, Dunkin’ Donuts, Thailand
21. Iced Americano (with half and half), Starbucks, U.S.
22. Glazed Lemon Filled Doughnut, Krispy Kreme, U.S
23. Filet-O-Fish, McDonald’s, Thailand
24. Bud’s Ice Cream of San Francisco, Green Tea ice cream, Thailand
25. Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake, Carl’s Jr., U.S.


Note: This list is part 1 of my list of favorite foods and beverages sold at fast-food chains and quick-service restaurants, coffee shops, donut shops, bakery outlets and stores. It includes not only fast foods and beverages but ones that were bought and/or eaten on the go.


My main reason for expanding the definition of “fast food” is that these companies and brands are in competition for some of the same customers and often are close together on street blocks and in shopping malls.

Some of the foods on my list may not be the exact names. I am mainly interested in identifying the foods, the restaurants, or stores where I bought them and the country where I bought and ate the foods. I cannot eat every food on the each menu and don’t plan to.

I visited the Philippines and Thailand in 2005 and Ukraine in 2003 . I have not been to those countries since that time. Availability of these foods may have changed along with prices and other factors.

This is about what I love to eat and where I ate it. I did not have a blog or any intention of writing about fast food in 2005, and prior to that time, when I was overseas. In fact, I did not even know what a blog was back then. Sounds kinda funny, but it’s true.

Fast foods in Thailand and the Philippines were so yummy and the restaurants spotlessly clean, for the most part, I thought they deserved special recognition from me as a writer. I used to work as a writer, but now I’m just doing it because I enjoy it. I’m not currently making money as a writer.

For the most part, I did not include in my list foods bought in grocery stores or supermarkets. There are exceptions. I’ve decided to have a separate list for fast-food experiences, which would include hanging out in coffee shops, bakeries and other places where there nice atmosphere and it's affordable for many people to go there for some some fun on occasion. The coffee and espresso drinks included on today’s list are there because McDonald’s is listed with its iced coffee, and so should its competitors.

This is NOT a list for the year 2007, but rather it covers five years--2003 through 2007-- so I will elaborate on it as time permits into January 2008 or perhaps longer.


I did not put any hamburgers on my list because they are not among my favorite foods. Chicken sandwiches, fried chicken, chicken strips, fried fish, breakfast sandwiches, (sometimes) spaghetti, ice cream, other snacks, desserts and soda pop are what I love to eat.

However, I know most people who eat fast food love hamburgers and French fries. That’s great! Enjoy! Hope your meals and snacks are always wonderful.

Note: Trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. I have no connection to any of the companies or brands. I do NOT own or operate a business that sells food. I am a writer, a customer of fast-food restaurants, and I like fast food. These are my opinions or reviews. They were written by me, unless otherwise noted, and my articles, reviews, opinions, entries and posts are NOT influenced by any company or individual working in a fast-food company. Thank you.