Monday, September 01, 2008

Love Your "Neighbors on the Internet"

Good afternoon! Some of the nicest people I know are probably asleep or just waking up while I am writing this post. It's now late afternoon here, but early morning or still night there. Who knows, maybe I'll be sleeping when you visit my blog. Well, I'm glad you are here!

I would like to thank the best friends of this blog for their kindness to me over the past three months, a time when I really needed friends. I plan to write more about why they were the difference in my life when I was feeling down. For now, I just want to say 'Thank You!!!'

Planet Earth can be a very lonely place even though there are billions of us humans. However, thanks to the Internet, we have the opportunity to make many new friends, share our ideas, thoughts, experiences and learn a lot, too. And that's pretty cool if you ask me!

Could our friendships with other bloggers be the way to gradually bring about a transformation inside of our hearts and minds, which also could lead to greater understanding of each other, working together on helping to end or at least significantly reduce world hunger, disease and war (to name three)... And potentially bring about peace on earth? I don't know the answer to that question. But it's certainly worth a try. Sometimes I joke around on this blog. But in this post I'm being serious and hope it's obvious.

What I wrote about (and I'll refer to it as) to "love our neighbors on the Internet" is a great idea. By love, I mean wanting the best for someone else, which includes kindness and friendship, and it can last forever. If you receive that kind of 'love', then make sure you also give this kind of love to others who might really need a friend! Okay? I hope you will. Let's all do our best and then we will erase some of the sadness out there and replace it with happiness!

There are many people, too, that we spend time with and some were our role models when we were growing up, so I would like to recognize one who really is a special person in my life. I'll be back next time. Take care.