Wednesday, January 07, 2009

...and we were eating out


Before we went to the mall, Mom and I
went to this Carl's Jr. restaurant.

It was the best part about shopping because it wasn't shopping at all. I don't recall going to this location before, but maybe I did. My snack was Carl's Jr. CrissCut Fries dipped in their House dressing. I also ate the waffle-like fries with Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake on Election Night, back in November. Obama won! Oh yeah, you already knew that. He will be president in a couple of weeks.


It's gonna be Obama week on this blog soon. I'm not sure what will be posted for the celebration. Health food?! Really? Not sure. I'm getting nervous. Me? Health conscious? Sometimes. Yeah, you don't know me all that well. Ok, I'll try to eat a square meal, or something, instead of a round meal, like waffles. But I do love those round meals. Yum! haha

Next time, I'll be thinking like a guy doing some 'serious' thinking, and in this definition of serious I mean less joking around though still sprinkling in some silliness, goofiness and just being me.

To be quite honest, I'm not sure what any of this means, except if you find it to be worth 'nothing', don't forget that this is a free blog. My price is zero. That brings up my favorite candy bar of the ones I can't always find in stores. The Zero candy bar. It was among the sweets I posted last month.

Zero is also the number of regular-season wins my Detroit Lions had in 2008. When I write "my" in front of a team, I'm not saying I own it, but rather it's one of my favorite teams, to the point of needing another 'man-definition' of the word "love" (oftentimes a word for sissies--I'm joking, ladies-- but dudes, here it's cool) coz it's loyalty to a football team. We want our teams to win a championship every year, but of course that doesn't happen. Not every year. And sometimes not for a long, long time. I won't say never. And you too... never say that word. Ok, I've said it before. But it makes me unhappy.

Actually, my two favorite teams the longest have been the Washington Redskins and (starting some years later) the New York Jets, about the same time I started liking the Lions. I would say the Redskins are my number one favorite team, followed by the Jets and Lions. Those three teams didn't make the playoffs this time. I could go on and on about what they did wrong or didn't do right, though let's just say the teams that reached the playoffs are better. Let me change the subject.

Dating might be a topic in the near future (but of course it's mostly me kidding around about a subject I know little about, if my recent results matter), and while that has nothing to do with fast food or football, it's one of things on my mind when I'm eating fast food. And it goes without saying I'm more successful at eating fast food than choosing a fave team or finding a date. (I mean meeting in person for a date to the movies or dining, not chatting on the Internet.) Heck, dating--or the lack of it--can be frustrating but it's not the end of the world.

I'm nice, funny and in pretty good shape for a guy whose one team had an 0-16 record and who most of the time can't even get a gal to meet him for coffee.