Saturday, February 14, 2009

"Three" is for me. Three Bean Salad, that is


I love this meal... Couscous, Greek yogurt,
and Three Bean Salad.

Thursday afternoon, while I was driving around, I began to think about what would be good for supper. My first thought was to pick up a couple of hamburgers and find out which one tasted better.


I decided instead to eat couscous and the bean salad, which is tangy, due to the vinegar in it, and at the same time is slightly sweet, but not too much. This three bean salad was from a can. It tasted great, though the special three bean salad Mom makes using a recipe is even better.

I bought the foods and Mom helped do some cooking because I had already been quite busy preparing and frying ingredients for the dessert.

The couscous, from a box, only takes five minutes to cook on the stove. I especially liked eating this Greek yogurt with the couscous, which had pine nuts in it, because of the contrast of textures and flavors. There's protein in this meal and that makes me like it all the more.

I felt great after supper, though not too full. And, as I had planned, a little bit later I was ready to eat dessert. Sorry I can't share the dessert. However, I do have a photo which I'll post next time.
Posted by Picasa