Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is fast food becoming a modern Thanksgiving tradition?

Hope this includes evening and late-night

It's almost 8:30 pm on Thanksgiving, I already ate turkey and the other traditional Thanksgiving foods about 6 hours ago, and now I'll go out, not for any special reason except to see what's open.  The drive-thru at Jack in the Box --  where its sign (pictured above) promises "OPEN THANKSGIVING DAY" -- will be one of my stops.  I'll find out if it includes tonight.  We already had Egg Nog shakes from Jack in the Box at about 10:30 pm last night.  (There were three of us and three shakes, and I'd call that fair.) So, what should I eat from there this time? Oh well, I won't put in much thought on that one.

This picture was not the most recent time I was there.  However, Mom and I did drink Egg Nog shakes that time too, and this picture was to help us remember that JITB would be open for Thanksgiving. 

I think a lot of stores were open today, though I just don't get it. It's Thanksgiving Day, you know, and shouldn't people take a time for rest and relaxation!  Clearly stores are open because they want us to buy, buy, buy and spend a lot of money.  

Honestly, I don't like the human obsession with money, and reality is getting to be quite annoying, so I hope there's something else, for example heaven, or a dimension where all beings are nice and aren't superficial or self-centered.  If not, that would be very sad to think about.  

Also, while I'm at it, I hope that if there is something else, heaven or a similar type of beautiful paradise where everyone feels happy and cares about everyone else, then I hope fast food is served on Thanksgiving, not necessarily the main meal because I still want turkey with the rest of the holiday feast, even if they don't have Thanksgiving there. After all, if they do let Americans in (and everyone else too, but right now Thanksgiving and Americans are the subject of my writing), hopefully they will care about what we like and want to please us. haha, indeed. 

We humans just can't separate from our self-centered thoughts, and for me it's important to eat what I want, when I want it, and that's the way it's gonna be!  Sorry!  I'm kidding. But don't downplay the importance of humor in dealing with difficulty in life.  I think it's time to stop thinking for a couple of hours, and going out for fast food will give me a chance to do just that, and less.  Hmm...just have fun!  I need to listen to myself more often.