Wednesday, May 16, 2012

McDonald's Arctic Orange Shake from 2007 will be the Fast Food Yummy list of best shakes

McDonald's Arctic Orange Shake joins Jack in the Box OREO Cookie Ice Cream Shake on my list of the top shakes at fast food restaurants.  There will be more shakes on the list, it won't be finished until I say so, and the total number of shakes isn't set because, after all, it's only a number.  This is from my past Fast Food Yummy blog:


Wednesday, November 07, 2007


McDonald's Arctic Orange Shake craving could last longer than the Season

How far are you willing to drive late at night for the food you're craving? When only a very specific sweet treat will do, I'm willing to try and try again. If they don't have it one store, I'll look for it somewhere else.

I have this thing now for the McDonald's Arctic Orange Shake. When they told me they couldn't make any more that night (today, the woman explained they had run out of orange syrup that night), I went to a second McDonald's location, where it turned out they don't have that shake at all. Finally, I visited the third McDonald's, and they made the shake. I was happy!

Fortunately there are three McDonald's restaurants in this small city. Two of the McDonald's are across the street from each another, one of them inside a Wal-Mart superstore. The other location is pretty much at the other end of town, but with green lights and almost no cars on the streets it took less than 10 minutes to drive there.

After getting to the drive-thru, the line moved fast and I thanked them for the quick service. They gave me what I expected, a thick, delicious shake!

Over the years, McDonald's has had other special shake flavors that I've really liked. But going back to my childhood, I loved strawberry shakes. The orange shake is just as good, or better!

So you can imagine what happens. This morning the gal working the drive-thru said, "It's seasonal." 

Yes, that makes sense. I held back my emotions. What will life be like without this shake?? Yeah, I'm a deep thinker with strong feelings for my favorite fast foods. 

Be strong, I told myself, and just ask the question, which is what I did. "Are you going to have it for a while?"

She told me that she hoped so. Well, I thought, it feels good someone likes the shake as much as I do. 

While I was there, I noticed the drive-thru closes at 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 12 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. That's not late enough for me!

Sometimes people get hungry when they are asleep! Ok, I guess they can just go to the kitchen. That's not the first thing I think of when I'm hungry. LOL

Other people have insomnia. And some work all night long, so they ought to be able to eat what they want, when they want to. Of course some drive-thrus are open all night, but there should to be more places where people can hang out all night. Yeah, I know some restaurants serve food 24 hours. But that's still not good enough for me! 
I used to wonder what it would be like to sleep over at my favorite fast food restaurant. I guess I still think about it. Bring some books to pretend like I'm studying. hehe Turn the pages once in a while, only to stay awake. Write notes. Highlight something. Wear nerdy glasses. That way nobody thinks it's too much fun! LOL

Fall asleep after a shake or two, and fries; then wake up and eat a breakfast sandwich, or three. 

Just think how great it would be if all fast foods were available 24 hours every day of the year. That would be very, very cool !!!