Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fast Food Notes

McDonald's Cherry Pie was one of my favorite fast foods of the month.  At a local McDonald's, the pies were 2 for $1 and I bought 4 for $2.  But when I went to Meridian, Idaho McDonald's last week, the pies were .79 for 1 pie (same as the local McDonald's)  but 1.58 for 2 pies, so I said told the guy, I'll just have one.  I wanted to check it out further so I went to another McDonald's on the way home. It was the same as in Meridian:  there wasn't a special of 2 pies for a dollar.

Next, I went back to the local McDonald's, in Ontario, Oregon, and they still had 2 pies for a dollar, so I purchased the 2 pies and also some large fries.  And not because fries and pies rhyme.  I was hungry because I hadn't eaten much and wanted to eat fries. "The fries were a perfect golden color and the flavor was the best I've had in a long time. Great!" I just decided to quote my own notes.