Thursday, December 24, 2009

Flyleaf got lucky or even more blessed (depending on how you see it) coz I woke up,

turned on the radio and listened to their version of a well-known Christmas song, "Do You Hear What I Hear". I like it.

Then, I decided to do this strange little write-up just in time for Christmas. So, Merry Christmas to Flyleaf and their fans!

Flyleaf has some great songs and they are a Christian rock band whose songs have become popular on mainstream radio. And they have an outstanding new video with the song "Again", which is listed as the Number 1 music video on Yahoo! Music, from what I could see this morning. So, as they say, check it out!

Anyway, I'm still drinking coffee (that should stop in about 40 years, yeah haha) and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I called "The Effect" to request a song, but reached their office and not the request line. The guy said they are probably not at the radio station right now.

(It is about 2:30 am, so maybe I'll stop eating chocolate chip cookies and eat some real food. No, that wasn't the name of the song I hoped to request, and I didn't tell the dude on the phone that I was eating chocolate chip cookies. Perhaps it sounded as though I was running on c.c. cookies. I don't know. End of narration of what I'm doing right now, which of course could be January, February or March when you are reading this post. Of the year 2010, 11, 12, or 2031, one year before... well, check out my blog later, and you'll find out.

I almost forgot. One of the best songs, which will be on my list of 100 best songs since 1970, is "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel.

If you don't know where I'm coming from or what my opinion on music is by the time I'm finished, then maybe I've been fair, which is what I've set out to do here, as a writer of this blog. I will consider any rock songs and recording artists, but I'm not going to put all of them on that list. And I'm not showing favoritism. However, I do think my taste in music has been influenced by great bands and their songs.

My goal in choosing songs is not to make a favorites list but to try and figure out which songs were among the best. Some people reviewing music use the words "great" and "greatest" but to me that could be understood to mean songs that were popular or have been heard on radio stations over the years.

I'll try to explain at another time why music reviews and my thoughts on rock music appear on my fast food blog.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, the song by Flyleaf, an outstanding Christian hard-rock band, would have sounded even better if it had layered vocals. How do I know this? Well, I was listening to "The Effect" on the radio, then I opened the Effect Radio website so I could try to request a song. (It's a good station and I like it a lot.)

I listened to the webcast from the website at the same time as listening to the song on the regular radio. They weren't at the same place in the song, with a little delay on the song played on the webcast. I went back to listening to only the radio for now, but if you are some place else, maybe you can click in to the webcast. Have fun!

No, I didn't go to the moon. And I won't be going to the moon.

There's no fast food there, as far as I know. This is a fast food blog. If you think there's fast food on the moon, then maybe you know more than I do.

I didn't even go to Ohio, United States, Earth. haha But Mom and Dad did in August and early September. They went to Warren, Ohio and took some pictures at David Grohl Alley. Okay, that's next time. And this time, I really mean it.

Have a great day!

Merry Christmas!