Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm chicken if I am what I eat, but Miley just scared the chicken out of me


Fried chicken from KFC is good anytime and anywhere.

On a separate note, Pamela Anderson was chosen as PETA's Person of the Year for 2010. Congratulations! I like her and hope to see more of her on TV like before, but I don't watch much TV, so I'll just think about her.

This is to take nothing away from her, but I would have chosen Miley Cyrus as person of the year, or at least the person who almost turns me off on eating chicken. Well, there is, you know, that video with Miley strutting around in feathers. The scary part is she either is or almost is eagle, umm I mean legal. What videos can we expect from her now?! Okay don't think too much about this if you need some rest. I'm done with this topic.

Actually, I did support her, by buying one of her CDs in 2009 and sending it as a present for the birthdays of my nieces who actually are my friends daughters. Although, let it be known, if they ever become singers or musicians, I hope they turn out more like Stereolab, whose CD I gave them earlier. And then there's Tokio Hotel, but don't ask me what kind of bird that is on Bill Kaulitz's shoulder in a commercial -- with Alice Cooper? The bird is a jerk and I do think Bill is good vocalist. And the song "Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel did get in my 100 Best Rock Songs List. When I started typing a little while ago, I had absolutely no idea the post would end this way. (Well, it didn't as it turns out.)

I already knew I'd mention someone else but didn't know he had passed away. Don Van Vliet died in December. Van Vliet was a rock musician, singer-songwriter, and accomplished artist and known to rock fans as Captain Beefheart. He and his band made outstanding experimental rock music!

We miss you! You made a real difference in our lives. Thank You! And yes, I am sad and have tears in my eyes. Take care!